Monday, June 22, 2009

Cake and Favors

On Friday, June 19 Trevor and Hayley helped Sean decorate Trevor's birthday cake. Hayley helped by mixing all the different colors of frosting. Normally I bake the cake and then Sean decorates it, but this year we decided to let Costco do the baking and Sean the deocrating. Trevor picked out the items he wanted on his cake and off Sean went creating.

Here is the finished product.
Although I did not get a picture of it, Trevor helped Sean with the outlining of Mario and the shapes and also filling them in with color.

Sean and I, being huge Disney fans, thought is was rather funny when he opened the chocolate frosting on Friday for the cake and found the above swirled inside. We showed it to Trevor and Hayley who both immediately said, "It's a Hidden Mickey." Way to go kids.

We ordered the party favor boxes online and filled them with various Super Mario items. I made the above candy bar wrappers for all the kids and their parents. We filled the boxes with things like Nintendo/Mario shaped gummie candy, Super Mario bubblegum, Super Mario shaped sweet tart candy, Super Mario notepads, Super Mario character key chain, Super Mario stickers and pencils.

The parents this year also received their very own Super Mario notepad. There was a HUGE mix up when I ordered the party supplies and although I was assured that I would only receive the 24 notepads I had ordered for the kids, I received just a few more than expected. When I opened the box there was 160, yes 160 notepads inside. Yeah for us!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I found the hidden Micky, Do I get a prise, like a visit from the little t and his family?

Unknown said...

Maybe a PRIZE