Sean, and his coworkers, participated in the Rock 'n Roll 1/2 Marathon held in San Jose today. This is the 4th time it has been to San Jose and the first year his work participated.
Sean was very nervous for this run since the last time he had run more than 6 miles was when he was in the Police Academy and broke his leg 6 miles into an 8 mile run. Although he knew it was hurt he did not know it was broke and continued to run the last 2 miles. His goal for this 1/2 marathon was to finish under 3 hours and 30 minutes.

The kids and I went to San Jose this morning to watch Sean finish the race. We found spot at the last turn before the finish line and just waited for him to run by. While waiting I noticed that many other participants were able to run the last little bit with their kids, so when Sean rounded the last corner I got his attention and the kids climbed passed the barrier.

Both Hayley and Trevor were so excited to be able to run with their Dad.

Once they started I quickly realized that although I was not running on the marathon course I would have to run on the side lines in order to take pictures. So I guess you could say the whole family ran to the finish line with Sean.

I tried to get a picture of Sean and the kids running across the actual finish line, but right as they did a man stepped out from behind a booth and blocked both kids. So this is the picture (after being cropped) of Sean crossing the finish line. Although the time says 3:24:37 he ran the race in 3 hours and 16 minutes. It took a total of 12 minutes to get all 12,000+ runners to cross the starting line. So his time started once he himself crossed the starting line.
I am so very proud of you Sean.
No comments:
Post a Comment