Sean put the Nativity on display this year.
He said I can no longer have that task.
Why you ask?
Well, it seems as though each year since 1999, when we bought it at Costco, I have been putting the shepherd boy in place of Joseph. It was not until last year that Sean realized something was out of place and asked me why I put the shepherd boy next to Mary. When he asked me why I put it like that I said I thought that was Joseph, but did think it was odd that he had the sheep in his arms. He was sweet enough not to laugh too hard at me, but decided to do the nativity set himself this year.
This year when we decorated the tree we made sure to tell Hayley not to put all the ornaments so close together and not to hang them on the lights. Well, what we did not tell her was that the ornaments should not sit on the floor and still be attached to the tree. She wanted the Snow White and Dopey ornaments to be down low so she could see them, but once on the branch they were to heavy. It didn't matter to her that they were sitting on the tree skirt.
The finished product. We usually get a tree with the branches a bit more spread out so we can decorate in between them, but I picked this one and thought the branches would flatten out once the lights were around them. Since the branches are close together, Sean had trouble wrapping each branch and so they did not leave room for decorating in between. Next year we will do better as we like way more ornaments than this tree would allow.
We got a new tree topper this year. It is a bright shining star with Mickey and Minnie sitting on the star. The lights in the star go on an off at different times and make it look really cool. You will have to come over and see the tree in person to see that part though.
No comments:
Post a Comment