Since Trevor loves to play Mini Golf we decided to play a round with Grammy and Papa Bear. Watertown (about 35 miles from their house) has a Family Fun Park called Thunder Road. It has Mini Golf, Go-karts and an arcade.
The golf course was so pretty, with lots of water, bridges and very green grass.Not your typical mini golf course.

Trevor was the first up at Hole 1, but quickly had a problem. He hit the ball off the side of the course and had to let Hayley go next while he retrieved the golf ball.
Here he is climbing back under the fence from where his ball was hit. Luckily for him there was a huge open field right next to the golf course. Not like in California.
Still on Hole #1, but this time Trevor hit it in the water. This happened several times while playing at this golf course. It was funny.
In between Hole #1 and Hole #2 was this cool bridge.What a nice picture of the Trevor and Hayley with Grammy and Papa Bear.
Hole # 4 was near the rode and this cool fence.Hayley figured out how to climb up and sit without falling. The road behind Hayley is the main road through Watertown. Not too many cars, huh.
The Johnson Men waiting for all the golf balls to come out of the hole in the rock and see who is closest to the actual hole. This golf course had lots of tube the balls would go into and then go down to another area for the hole.
The object for this hole was to get the to go into the hole on the bridge, but that proved a bit more difficult than it would appear. Trevor just hit his ball straight and let it go do the stairs at the end of the bridge. Grammy and I hit the ball into the hole (tunnel) and watched it move on to the next area which looked like a toilet bowl to me.
Here is Grammy's ball going down the hole. It was funny because it spun around just like when water goes down a toilet. When it came out the other side it was not very close to the real hole. Mine wasn't either.
There was music playing throughout the golf course and I caught Trevor doing his version of an air guitar several times. He was very cute. Hayley tried this as well, but since she was tired she did not want her picture taken anymore.
The whole gang.I set the timer on the camera and ran around the bridge to get in the shot before the camera went off. Once I got on the other side I didn't have enough time to stand near Sean and the kids. I was not even sure I would be in the picture as I had originally set it up to take just Sean, Grammy, Papa Bear and the kids.
Trevor was so excited that they had a Race Car game. He challenged Papa Bear, Grammy and Dad to a game. Okay many game. Believe it or not this game,e only cost 1 token. Now that doesn't happen in California at all. It is more like 3 or 4 tokens.
Hayley wanted to play Ice Ball. I know this is normally called Skee Ball, but in South Dakota where it hits 4 degrees or less during winter it is known as ICE BALL. She didn't play this too many times as she kept hitting the purple cage. Notice how high the ball is in this picture. She just didn't get the "ROLL" concept and instead tossed the ball underhand. I ended up helping her so she could win tickets, just like at Chuck E Cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment